Monday, November 18, 2013

Homemade snickers

What's a raw vegan to do when she wants some junk candy? Make it herself of course. 


I was pleasantly surprised by these, the taste was so spot on. Compared to a real snickers, I would say 8/10 there which isn't bad considering it's relatively healthy with the ingredients used. If you recreate these and post on IG, PLEASE credit me as this is my own experimentation in the kitchen.

Nougat base:
• date paste (mash a few dates really really well)
• a couple tbsp maca powder

Mix very well in your hands, kind of like kneading bread with flour. Should end with a thick dough like consistency. Create a block with it.

Caramel:
• date paste again
• a tbsp agave
• sprinkle of sea salt

Place over the nougat base and sprinkle some nuts over, you can also put the nuts I between the layers which is what I did.

Dip into chocolate

Chocolate:
• a couple tbsp coconut oil
• a couple tbsp agave 
• a few tbsp raw cacao powder

(Notice I don't give exact amounts, due partially bc I never measure and also due to you should just add more or less to your liking)

Dip into chocolate and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for 5 minutes, dip a couple more times for a thicker chocolate shell and freeze a few minutes each time. Coconut oil hardens very fast when cold.

ALL DONE!

Enjoy lovelies xx

No comments:

Post a Comment