Saturday, February 8, 2014

Raw Vegan Lava Cake

Lava Cake... and it's vegan? AND no baking? Yessssss it's possible.
This was a recipe I posted on my instagram a while back and unintentionally removed so I am reposting it here on my blog. I hope you all enjoy! This makes 2 cupcake sized, so if you want to make more just double, triple, etc the recipe. Warming: It's very decadent and heavy, I ate the 1 I made spread out in a couple days.


Base: 
-5 chopped dates
-Small handful of nuts of your choice (I used a mix of Almonds and pecans) chop them up using a blender so they are super fine. 
-2 tbsp raw cacao powder 
-1 tbsp soft coconut oil 

Mix in a bowl very well until you have a dough like consistency.

Use a cupcake tin to shape the dough and place in the freezer for 15min. But make sure to have some left over as you will use it to later cover it (like you would a pie)

In the meantime take 
-1 tbsp coconut oil  
-2 tbsp raw cacao 
-2 tbsp agave and mix well.

Place the liquid chocolate inside the two hallow shaped cupcake. With some left over "cake batter" divide into two balls and press flat down. Cover the cupcake mold filled with chocolate sauce just like you would cover a pie, and flip upside down. Ready to eat!
If you want to save for later and refrigerate it, the liquid chocolate sauce inside will harden and become like fudge.

Please credit me if you do this as it is my own personal little invention. Thanks loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment